Dům U Dvou zlatých medvědů [House at the Two Golden Bears]

courtyard / gallery, room on upper floor with a Renaissance-era painted ceiling

Saturday, Sunday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Photos: Tomáš Lohin (OHP), Building's Archive

Transport: metro A/B – Můstek
Visiting Method: free entry / group tours of a limited size (tours every hour)
bezbariérový přístupwheelchair-accessible only in the courtyardprogram pro dětichildren's workshops, exhibitionsToaletyobčerstvení

Address: Kožná 475/1, Praha 1
Year: 15th century, 1726
Architects:

A former house with gothic foundations has changed its face over the centuries, gradually acquiring renaissance arcades, a baroque third floor and a classicist installation of connecting walls. The entrance portal is decorated by two heraldic figures of bears and a pair of male figures. Enter through a gate of times and enjoy the atmosphere of medieval Prague.