House at the Two Golden Bears

courtyard / gallery, room on upper floor with a Renaissance-era painted ceiling

Saturday, Sunday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Photos: Tomáš Lohin (OHP), Building's Archive

Transport: metro A (Staroměstská) / metro A, B (Můstek) / tram (Staroměstská) / bus (Mariánské náměstí)
Visiting Method: free entry / group tours of a limited size (tours at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. on both days)
bezbariérový přístupwheelchair-accessible only in the courtyardprogram pro dětiworking sheets for childrenZákaz foceníallowed only courtyard / galleryToaletyobčerstvení

Address: Kožná 475/1, Praha 1-Staré Město
Year: 15th century, 1726
Architects:

A former house with gothic foundations has changed its face over the centuries, gradually acquiring renaissance arcades, a baroque third floor and a classicist installation of connecting walls. The entrance portal is decorated by two heraldic figures of bears and a pair of male figures. Enter through a gate of times and enjoy the atmosphere of medieval Prague.