Address: Old Town Square 605/13, Praha 1-Old Town (entrance from the street Týnská)
Year: second half of the 13th century; 1988 (last reconstruction)
The house on Old Town Square, named after the stone bell embedded into the corner, is the remaining part of a larger residence, with its origins dating back to the second half of the 13th century. The oldest building phase is preserved in the basement and on the ground floor of the south wing. The house has undergone many changes, mostly influenced by the Baroque style and was completed at the end of the 19th century. However, the glorious era of the house was almost forgotten. It underwent extensive reconstruction in the second half of the 20th century, during which the neo-Baroque 19th-century façade was removed and the Gothic frontage was discovered.
Opinions on the reconstruction, which was completed in 1988, still vary by expert groups.
It is interesting that the house probably served as the temporary residence of Elizabeth of Bohemia and John of Luxembourg after the fire at the Royal Palace Castle. The house is considered to be the birthplace of Charles IV, who also lived there perhaps shortly after his return to Bohemia in 1333.