Address: Loretánská 177/9, Praha 1-Hradčany
Year: unknown year of construction, finalized 1658–1659; 1949–1954 (restoration)
Architects: unknown; Vilém Lorenc (restoration)
More than six centuries ago, this house in Hradčany was inhabited by Petr Parléř, the head architect and constructor of king and emperor Charles IV. It was probably at this very palace where Parléř conceived his brave ideas and projects related to the Gothic rebuilding of Prague, which was the Holy Roman Empire’s center of power at the time. The beautiful views that the palace’s southern terraces offer inspired painters Ferdinand Engelmüller and Jan Slavíček to set up their own ateliers inside the palace in the 20th century. The palace now receives distinguished visitors, who are welcomed in and hosted by the Czech prime minister. Come take a look at the palace’s representative halls and lounges!