Address: Národní 961/25, Praha 1-Staré Město
Year: 1870; 1922–1925 (restoration)
Architects: Bedřich Tesař (original neo renaissance palace); František Kavalír (constructivist restoration); Karel E. Ort (cinema and passage)
Václav and Otilie Kleinhampl bought a building on the formal Victoria Avenue (today’s National Avenue) in 1919. A radical restoration reconstruction created a palace destined mainly for social activities – with a winery, café, bowling rooms and probably the biggest cinema in Prague. Some contemporary witnesses still remember the famous delicatessen. After a painful past, the palace is again owned by the Kleinhampl family who are working on a meticulous reconstruction.