Petschek’s Palace – Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic

representative rooms on the 2nd floor, vault, Memorial of Czech resistance 1939–1945

Saturday, Sunday 10 a.m.–6 p.m.

Photos: Builing's Archive

Transport: metro A/C / tram (Muzeum)
Visiting Method: group tours with a limited size
doprovodný programexhibition of historical photographs and drawings of project documentationToaletypracovní listy OHP

Architektura první republiky

Address: Politických vězňů 931/20, Praha 1
Year: 1922–1927
Architects: Max Spielmann

A generous, luxurious bank palace was built on the corner of today’s Politických vězňů by the prominent Bohemian family Petschek. There was a pneumatic tube post, a telephone exchange, air conditioning, and the famous „paternoster“ lifts functional still today. The palace was seized from the family during World War II, and its premises for that time infamously served as a Gestapo seat and a place where Nazi opponents were interrogated and imprisoned. The monument in the basement of the building refers to those days. In addition the tour we will invite you to visit the glamorous representative halls and well-preserved vaults.